Instructions, tutorials, FAQs and settings files for Markdown
Last updated 2019-05-20 by Adam Lu
Where do I start?
- Download and install Typora.
- Also save Dillinger to your favorites list.
- Set up your Typora environment via these instructions.
- Learn Typora keyboard shortcuts by clicking on each tab on the top panel (e.g.,
CTRL + /allows you to switch between code and rendered mode).
- Go through this 15-minute Markdown tutorial or this CommonMark Tutorial
- Go through this Markdown Guide
- Refer back to either this Basic Markdown Cheat Sheet or this Github-flavored Markdown Cheat Sheet while you practice.
- Make sure you can access the server’s files via these instructions.
- See instructions here for how to access these links on the server.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Typora: A great Markdown editor that instantaneously renders the HTML output and has built-in shortcuts that makes editing as seamless as Microsoft Word
- Dillinger: Online Markdown editor allowing conversion between Markdown and HTML easily
How can I update these files on the server?
- Method 1: Update them directly from the locations:
- Method 2: Edit them here on GitHub then apply the following commands on the server
cd ~/Settings_Markdown git_update