Instructions, tutorials, FAQs and settings files for NEURON
Last Updated 2018-08-19 by Adam Lu
Where do I start?
- Download NEURON from their website. If you are working on one of our servers, you can skip this step.
- In a terminal, type
nrnguito start the NEURON graphical user interface.
- Try this web-based tutorial by Andrew Gillies and David Sterratt.
- Look in Adam’s Functions for tools to run NEURON with MATLAB, especially run_neuron.m and load_neuron_outputs.m.
- See instructions here for how to access these links on the server.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- NEURON home
- NEURON hoc documentation
- NEURON python documentation
- Publications that have used NEURON
How can I update these files on the server?
Method 1: Update them directly from the locations:
Method 2: Edit them here on GitHub then apply the following commands on the server
cd ~/Settings_Neuron git_update