Instructions, tutorials, FAQs and settings files for the new Website
Last updated 2019-05-21 by Adam Lu
Where do I start?
- Create a new content file via these instructions.
- Learn about Markdown in general through resources on this site.
- Learn about how this syntax applies to our website via this demo page.
- Update the website via these instructions.
- Create a password-protected page via these instructions
- To learn about the basics of Hugo (the static site generator we are using to create the website), go through this awesome tutorial provided by the Hugo Learn Theme
- Go through other Tutorials
- See instructions here for how to access these links on the server.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Useful notes and templates
- Notes on creating new content
- Notes on updating the website
- Notes on creating a password-protected page
- Notes on creating blank lines
- Notes on creating bullet points
- Installation notes
How can I update these files on the server?
Method 1: Update them directly from the locations:
Method 2: Edit them here on GitHub then apply the following commands on the server
cd ~/Settings_Website git_update